The great thing about chicken wings is the many ways that you can cook them up. Buffalo, BBQ, tangy, or oriental style. All of these methods make for a great appetizer for any event. Today’s will be the simple slow cooker recipe that you can add any sauce of choice to
- 3 pounds chicken wings (16 wings)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups favorite sauce (frank’s hot sauce!)
- 1/4 cup honey (if making a sweet sauce, leave out if going for spicy)
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard or spicy mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco to taste, optional
How to mix it:
Rinse chicken wings and pat dry. Cut off and discard the wing tips then cut each wing at the joint to make two sections. Sprinkle wing pieces with salt and pepper. Then place wings on a lightly oiled broiler pan.
Place pan in oven and broil about 4 inches from the heat for 10 minutes on each side, or until chicken wings are nicely browned (don’t over cook). Finally transfer the chicken wings to your crock pot. Mix up your sauce of choice and pour over the chicken wings. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. If you are in a hurry you can put it on high for 2-3 hours instead.