Yes I have a lot of sections to my gardening. First section is tilling and adding compost or manure to the soil. No chemical fertilizers for me. This years garden will be chemical free in every way.
Plans for this years garden:
- Correct interplanting to keep aphids away.
- Hand weeding so I don’t need to use weed killer.
- Drip system setup to conserve water with a leaf mulch on top to slow down water loss due to evaporation.
- Small fence to keep neighborhood children from using veggies as hand grenades.
- Layered planting to take advantage of multiple plant heights and different.
- Egg shells and dichotomous earth to control slugs and snails.
There is always more I can add to the list but this will be a good start of the year. I am going to link multiple sections into this one since each is going to be done separately across several weeks. If I add all of it into one blog I might as well write a book instead of a blog.
Planting of the veggies: