MMMMM is all I can say about how good tiramisu is to eat. And today we will see how much better it is with the mascarpone that I made this week for it. There are a huge amount of different recipes to make tiramisu out there. I have used this one before so I am sticking to it for now.
- 3 eggs separated
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 3/4 cup cold espresso
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 18 ladyfingers
- sifted cocoa powder and grated bittersweet chocolate (I like using dark chocolate instead)
Steps to design a masterpiece:
- Put the egg whites in a greaseless bowl and whip with an electric mixer until stiff and peaks form
- Mix the mascarpone, (needs to be at room temp) vanilla sugar, and egg yolks in a separate bowl and whisk with an electric mixer until everything is combined, then fold in the egg whites.
- Put a few spoonfuls of the mixture in the bottom of a large serving bowl and spread out evenly.
- combine the coffee and Kahlua in a shallow dish. Dip a ladyfinger into the mix and turn coating it evenly. Don’t let it sit to long or it will start to disintegrate. Place it on top of the layer of mixture that you had put into the bowl. Add enough lady fingers to cover the top of the mix.
- Spoon in a third of the remaining mixture and repeat step 4. do this until all the mix and ladyfingers are used up.
- Level off the surface then sift the cocoa across the surface. Chill overnight and sprinkle the grated chocolate over the top before serving.
2 thoughts on “How to make Tiramisu”
Pingback: Oh so creamy Mascarpone « Shane's outdoor fun
Oooh, the King of Desserts!