Today was the day to test out the old Aluminium boat that I had donated to me. This should make the lakes more easily fished. I don’t mind fishing from shore, but the big fish just seem to be out reach of my cast. With all of the reservoirs drawn down for winter the only open lakes I could think of that might have some fish biting was the lakes on the mid-coast. So off we went to Takenitch lake. The lake was a bit on the murky side when we got there. The two inches of rain that fell Saturday probably had something to do with that. We trolled from the boat launch up one of the arms of the lake and only had one bite the entire way. Thinking that the murk in the water was making trout fishing a bit of a wash out we anchored off in a cove and did a bit of casting. And once more not a bite. So to kill some time and maybe catch a catfish we finally opted to use worms on the bottom. After another 15 minutes of only a single bite we were getting ready to call it a day and I finally got a bite and reeled in a 13 inch cutthroat trout. After 5 hours of fishing we got one fish! It may have been a long slow day on the lake but it was a good check of the boat and motors. No leaks on the boat which is good considering that it had been sitting in the woods for 7 years. It will need a paint job soon since a lot of paint is flaking. The electric trolling motor worked great. It had a lot more power than we thought it would. The little 2hp gas motor worked well even though it doesn’t go very fast. A little bit of a stutter to it every 30 seconds or so after it warmed up. Going to have to check the oil mix ratio. Might need to add a little more oil to the recommended mix to stop it from doing it. It was more annoying then anything else. I now have one fish in the freezer for 2014. Just need to catch a few more and it will be fish fry time. The boat opens up a lot more fishing areas for us now. And I can teach Katy to fish a bit easier.