I thought I would try something different then my normal trail bars for a change. Which normally consists of using peanut butter and dried fruit or berries. This one is a simple recipe, with a lot less ingredients.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup dried fruit (I used dried blueberries)
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup almond butter
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, berries, and the dry milk.
- In a sauce pan, combine the honey and almond butter, and heat until smooth and liquidy
- Pour the honey-mixture over the oat mixture, and stir until all ingredients are moist.
- The put into the oven for 20 minutes and bake.
The dough is very dry compared to what I am used to for granola bars. It was easy to press into the pan and was not sticky at all. I added some mini M&M’s to the mix so I could get my chocolate fix also.