Are you looking for a breathtaking destination for your next outdoor adventure? Spirit Lake, Oregon is the perfect place for hiking, camping, fishing, and more.
Located in the heart of the Cascade Range, Spirit Lake offers visitors stunning views of the surrounding mountains and crystal-clear waters. Whether you’re an experienced hiker or a beginner, you’ll find trails of varying difficulty levels to explore.
The lake itself is a popular spot for fishing, with an abundance of trout waiting to be caught. If you’re a fan of water sports, you can also enjoy kayaking, paddle boarding, or even swimming in the lake’s refreshing waters. As long as you don’t mind the short hike to carry them in.
For those looking for a more immersive experience, there are several campsites in the area where you can pitch a tent and spend the night under the stars. Just be sure to pack warm clothes, as the temperature can drop significantly at night.
Spirit Lake is also home to a diverse array of wildlife, including elk, deer, and various bird species. Keep your eyes peeled for these majestic creatures as you explore the area.
Spirit Lake, Oregon is a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts looking to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. From hiking and camping to fishing and water sports, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Plan your trip today and experience the natural beauty of this stunning destination.
- Directions: Proceed east from the Oakridge Ranger Station on Hwy. 58 to Oakridge. From downtown Oakridge proceed east on Salmon Creek Road (24) for about 13 miles to the junction of Road 2422. From here proceed left on 2422 for 9 miles to trailhead on right. Across from the Waldo Meadows Trailhead.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Recommended Season: June – October
- Elevation change: 169 feet
Hiking books for the area:
- Hiking Waterfalls in Oregon: A Guide to the State’s Best Waterfall Hikes
- Day Hiking Bend & Central Oregon: Mount Jefferson/ Sisters/ Cascade Lakes
- 100 Hikes / Travel Guide: Central Oregon Cascades
- 100 Hikes / Travel Guide: Oregon Coast & Coast Range
Day hike or overnight gear on the cheap side: not the lightest but great for getting into hiking
Several great books for the local areas
Shane’s outdoor fun is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com